Modu-Tech is a proud member and Partner of The National Framer’s Council
The National Framers Council’s highest priority in 2014 was the development of a comprehensive safety certification program specific to the framing industry. NFC began by collecting existing safety programs from prominent framing companies from across the country. After months of hard work, the result is the FrameSAFE Safety Manual Template (A Bilingual Guide for Safety on the Jobsite). Subscribe now!
The NFC’s FrameSAFE Safety Manual Template
FrameSAFE Safety Manual Template provides an excellent resource for framers to create their own Safety Program that is compliant with OSHA Standard 1926.20. The bilingual safety manual is designed such that the English runs on the left-hand pages and the Spanish runs on the right-hand pages, for ease in use on the jobsite. The program also includes a Site-Specific Fall Protection Plan Template, as well as a series of Toolbox Talks, single page do’s and don’ts on various key topics, provided in English and Spanish, that help trainers communicate safe practices with employees and subs. Get more perspective on FrameSAFE from the NFC steering committee in SBC Magazine’s Framer Viewpoint column.
Subscribers to the FrameSAFE program, will receive access to a pdf of the Safety Manual Template that has been customized with their company’s information, plus pdfs of 42 Toolbox Talks and 22 Safety Posters on the topics that coincide with the six sections of the Safety Manual Template. Plus, subscribers will receive all program updates and new Toolbox Talks and posters as they become available. NFC’s FrameSAFE Orientation Checklist is also available (in both English and Spanish) to assist members in providing a comprehensive safety overview for new employees on a jobsite.
Consider the following benefits to you company by using the FrameSAFE safety Program:
- Wood is renewable, biodegradable and recyclable. There is no other resource that can replace wood in an environmentally sound or economically feasible way.
- Today, forest growth in the United States exceeds harvest by 37%. More than 730 million acres of forest cover the US, that equals two-thirds of the forested area present when Columbus landed in America. There is now 28% more standing timber volume in the US than in 1952.
- Wood products make up 47% of all industrial raw materials manufactured in the US, yet uses only 4% of the energy needed to manufacture these industrial materials.
- It takes 21 times more energy to produce a concrete slab floor than a raised wood floor.
- It takes 9 times as much energy to produce a steel stud than a wood one.
- Wood reduces the need to burn fossil fuels. Compared to other materials, wood requires less energy to extract, process, transport, construct and maintain over time.
- Wood is the world’s only 100% renewable building material and is manufactured with the organic power of solar energy.
NFC membership will develop and implement best practices to:
- Help ensure all framers leave the jobsite each day in the same health as they arrived in the morning.
- Standardize jobsite safety practices and create common sense based best practice approaches to framing.
- Develop training tools to increase understanding of all the details necessary to end each project with a quality framing job.
- Groom industry professionals and create an environment where framing is viewed as a valuable career with professional growth opportunities.
- Increase knowledge about business management practices and benchmarks.